The NHS provides excellent care for most eye conditions, but we have all experienced delays with eye problems like dry eye, flashes and floaters or eyelid cysts.
It may take weeks before being seen in the NHS clinic for diagnosis and treatment. This delay causes considerable worry to us all.
Therefore, we have added a ‘one-stop’ eye clinic in addition to the existing cosmetic services.
We provide a patient-centred eye clinic, which is
- Consultant delivered
- Fast and flexible with evening appointments
- Healthcare Commission approved
- Economical as compared to private care
- Aesthetic and pleasantly decorated
The services- diagnostic, therapeutic, minor surgical, and follow-up for chronic eye disease- are provided by practising NHS Consultant Ophthalmologists with names on the General Medical Council’s Specialist Register.
* Urgent eye cases can be seen the same/next day by the arrangement or at evening clinic, so clients may not have to miss work commitments.
If appropriate,* Minor surgery can be performed on the same day, thus avoiding the inconvenience of waiting and repeated visits.
The following list is a representative guideline of the services we are offering at the eye clinic.
Medical eye services
- Urgent/routine eye problems except for major trauma
- Investigation and treatment of dry eye – implantation of punctual plugs
- Retinal examination for floaters and flashes- to exclude retinal tears and retinal detachment.
- Diagnosis and follow up for diabetic retinopathy and glaucoma.
Surgical eye procedures under local anaesthesia
- Eyelid cysts and Chalazia
- ‘Lumps and bumps’, e.g. papillomas, warts, a biopsy on eyelids
- Ectropion surgery
- Entropion surgery
- Tarsorraphy surgery
- Corneal foreign body removal
We are sure you will find the eye clinic services as you have always wanted them- economic, unrushed and individualized at the time when you want them!
Take Action – To book for a consultation call on 01332 297397.