Skin Health for all ages
The skin is the largest and most visible organ of the human body. It protects your other organs, warms you up and cools you down, and reflects how healthy you are inside. It is more of a need in today’s time and age to keep your skin looking good with the help of cosmetic treatments. Each age group has different skin care needs.
In our teenage years one can be faced with unwanted hair growth, Polycystic ovary syndrome, acne or just rough texture of the skin. In our younger years one may have sun damage issues such as thread veins, freckles, moles, unwanted cysts, warts, milia or just dull and tired looking skin.
Then in advanced years one develops signs of aging in the form of loose skin, eye hoods, eye bags, double chin, jowls, lines and wrinkles and could be just loss of volume settling in various parts of the face.
Whatever your needs may be, seek help from the experts at Derby Skin Laser & Cosmetic Clinic. We provide a comprehensive range of cosmetic treatments.
Prevention is better than cure
Keep your skin, hair, and nails healthy and looking their best by following these practical tips.
- Use skin care products that have strong science behind them and have been proven safe and effective in human studies.
- For day, wear sunscreen and consider using products containing antioxidants because they also have sun-protection properties. At night, consider using products containing retinoids, peptides or growth factors for their repair properties.
- Get to know your skin. If something is bleeding or doesn’t look right, see a dermatologist.
- Skin self examine should be a regular part of your healthy lifestyle.
Stress and the skin
- Stress can worsen psoriasis or rosacea, result in acne lesions that are more inflamed and persistent, cause brittle nails and ridging of the nails, lead to hair loss, worsen or cause hives, and induce excessive perspiration. Reducing your stress can help you skin condition.
- Consider using stress-management techniques to reduce blood vessel over-activity (a primary cause of blushing or flushing of the skin).
- Make changes to your life style to reduce stress and sun exposure.
- If you’re considering purchasing any at-home kit to improve the look of your skin, such as a microdermabrasion kit, talk to a professional first. Safety can be a concern if these at-home treatments are used improperly or if an active ingredient causes an unforeseen skin reaction. It also is important to know that the concentration of active ingredients in these products is much lower than that used by professionals. Therefore, most at-home treatments do not produce results as dramatic or long-lasting as the cosmetic procedures performed in professional offices.
- Talk to a professional about how lasers, wrinkle fillers and botulinum rejuvenation can be used to diminish signs of aging that concern you.
We at the Derby skin Laser & Cosmetic Clinic specialise in a wide range of cosmetic procedures to keep your skin healthy and reduce signs of ageing. Call to book a consultation on 01332 297397